If you are having problems accessing or using the website, you can contact our web support
team by e-mail at
Support personnel are generally only available to respond
to problems during normal business hours, so please allow for up to one business day
for us to respond to most requests.
If the matter is of an urgent nature, please contact your advisor directly.
NWM's website is best viewed with the most recent versions of popular browsers such as Firefox, Google Chrome or Safari.
Older browsers no longer receive security updates and may not be compatible with the latest web standards.
In keeping with those standards, we update our software to keep pace and do not support older, outdated versions.
Please use a recommended, up-to-date browser to ensure the fastest and most secure experience online as well as within our application.
In most browsers you can check what version you have by selecting Help > About
from the menu bar of your browser.
Recommended browsers provide the optimal experience. They have the best performance and fewest browser-related bugs.
Supported browsers have full functionality across our application, but may have minor performance degradation and
minor visual inconsistencies compared to the recommended browsers as a result of limitations imposed by the respective browser vendors.
- Internet Explorer 10
- Internet Explorer 9
- Chrome - Previous Versions
- Firefox - Previous Versions
- Safari - Previous Versions
Clearing the Browser Cache
For security reasons we suggest you clear the browser cache every time you
log out. You can find instructions on how to do this here
For your security the website will automatically log you out after 20
minutes of inactivity. When this happen you will be required to log back in
again to access the site. It is recommended practice to always logout as soon
as you are finished using the website.
Protecting your login information:
- Choose a password that is at least eight characters in length
- Use at least one of each of the following:
upper-case letters, lower-case letters, numbers and special characters (e.g.: !, @, #, $, %, ^, &, *)
- Avoid using words or common names in your password. Replacing letters with
numbers or symbols is a one way to do this
- For example, [email protected]
- Do not write down your password or store it directly on your computer
- Change your password regularly, every few months at least.
- Never share your login information or password by phone or e-mail with anyone,
even if it is someone you trust
- Be wary of phishing scams in the form of e-mails appearing to be from legitimate
organizations asking for personal information and login information
Remember, Nicola Wealth Management employees will never ask you for your password.
If you suspect your password may have been obtained by a third party please
contact NWM at 604-739-6450 immediately and if possible change your password through
Protecting your computer:
- Viruses and spyware can compromise the security of your computer. We recommend
installing Antivirus software to protect your machine. Many respectable
antivirus programs are available for free download such as:
- Microsoft Security Essentials†
- AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition†
- ESET NOD32 Antivirus†
- avast! Antivirus†
- Avira AntiVir†
- Use personal firewall software — Windows 7, Vista and XP come with Windows Firewall.
Third party products such as ZoneAlarm† are also available.
- Use a password on your computer's operating system
- Do not install file sharing software on your computer. Many file sharing
programs come with spyware and file from these systems can often contain viruses
- Ensure your computer is up-to-date with the latest patches and security
releases; for Windows PCs we recommend you turn on the "Automatic Updates" feature.
†None of the software programs suggested here are owned, sponsored or
supported by Nicola Wealth Management and are provided here for information
purposes only. Nicola Wealth Management provides no warranties expressed
or implied as to the performance, security or stability of any of the software